6/15/2023

Flag Day 2023 reflection: The fight for freedom is HERE

 

June 15, 2023

June 14th is an important day for me every year.

First, it is the anniversary of a tragic loss of an American hero, U.S. Marine Lance Corporal Joshua Klinger, in Al Fallujah, Iraq in 2005. Every year on this day, I reflect on Joshua’s sacrifice for this country, and on a promise I made to his mother and father to take care of him on that deployment. I will be eternally sorrowful for my inability to keep that promise, but I remain eternally grateful when I remember the promise of eternal life granted to believers like Joshua.

Second, it is “Flag Day” established by President Woodrow Wilson on the 100th anniversary of the June 14, 1777, Second Continental Congress’s’ resolution that “the flag of the United States be 13 stripes, alternate red and white,” and that “the union be 13 stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.”

Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment