9/23/2022

The Medlock Post Ep. 56: Values and Promises (Special Broadcast)


September 23, 2022

The Medlock Post Ep. 56: Values and Promises

I have an important 60th anniversary taking place.  On September 24, 1962, I earned my Eagle Scout Award.  I grew up in Scouting since my dad help start Troop 183 in 1951 and served as Scoutmaster until 1969.  I had the honor to serve as an adult leader in the Scouting Program, even as a Scoutmaster.  My dad was a great example of dedication and leadership to my brother and myself.  And many more Scouts in his troop. 

Because of current circumstances with the National Boy Scout Organization, Troop 183 was retired after 68 years in 2019.

It was an invaluable honor to have grown up in the Scouting Movement and served as an adulty to carry it forward as long as I was physically able.  The life lessons learned, the friendships that developed, and the outdoor experiences served to help me with life and family.

I was able to serve on our local Scout Council in many different levels of leadership.  The last position was over the Council Adult Training Program.  Training and teaching being one of my passions.  I also served on several national committees.

I would like to take some time and review and remind myself and you, the listeners, of many of the reasons the Scouting Movement still means so much to me.

Let's start with the Scout Oath and Scout Law.

Listen Now


 

No comments:

Post a Comment